Garage doors lead a fairly simple life. Up, down, up, down, over and over again, from year to year – until they suddenly don’t work as they should. Fortunately, this simple function usually provides relatively simple repairs. However, sometimes even reliable old garage doors bite dust or require serious repairs. Who repairs garage doors?
Basic maintenance and quick fixes
If your garage door is performing well at the moment, you will probably be able to operate almost endlessly if you follow a simple inspection and maintenance procedure. The same tips can also solve problems that are just beginning to appear:
- Examine the rollers and guides on the garage door. If you can’t remember the last time you cleaned them, now is the time to clean the rollers and tracks with a good brushing and lubricate the rollers and axles. Roller bearings can also wear out; replace all rollers that do not run smoothly.
- Tighten the equipment. The roller guide rails on the upper garage door are assembled into sections and attached to the garage with brackets. It is ensured that the sections are well secured, and the screws and screws holding the brackets are tightened well.
- Check cables and pulleys. Spiral garage doors have cables and pulleys that can wear out over time. Frayed cables and damaged pulleys should be replaced – this task is best done by professionals.
- Check the door balance. The garage door should require only a few kilos of pressure to move it up and down. If the springs wear out and lose their elasticity, the mechanical mechanism of opening the garage door may require additional work to raise the door. This can quickly wear the opener motor. Replacing worn springs is usually the job of a professional technician.
- Check the auto reverse function in the door opener. The garage door opener is designed to automatically turn and lift the door if it encounters an obstacle on its way to the floor. If this function no longer works properly, the heavy door presents a security risk and the door opener should be repaired or replaced.
When you need a garage door repair for the safe and reliable operation of your garage door, always keep the Original in mind. Original. Overhead Door ™ products and services.
Not only the upwardly raised garage door and the electric garage door opener were invented by the founder of Overhead Door Corporation, CG Johnson in the 1920s, but we also have a tradition of excellence in garage door repair, service and maintenance. Even with the most reliable products, problems can occur, and when they do, it’s important to know who to contact to resolve these issues, while providing solutions to prevent future complications.
Price list example
There are many reasons why you may need to repair your garage door. Some include:
- Broken spring for garage door – the cost of repair is usually 300 USD
- Broken cable for garage door – repair cost about 150-200 USD
- Profile of a bent garage door – repair costs USD 133-154
- Incorrectly set security sensors – adjustment costs about 50-75 USD
- Uneven door suspension – repair costs around USD 125
Sometimes the problem is not the door but the opener. While some garage door repair services nearby may carry out door opener repairs, you should probably look for a particular door repair company.